Job Summary: Socialize, exercise, and show dogs to potential adopters
Time Commitment: 6 hours a month; 6-month minimum commitment
Supervisor: Volunteer Manager/Coordinator
Qualifications: Must be 16 years or older and complete an Open House Orientation.
Training: Training 1 – Orientation, Training 2 – Interactive Training.
Dress Code: Volunteer t-shirt, pants or shorts, sneakers and volunteer name tag
- Bark Buddies will work with the adoptable dogs to exercise and socialize them in play yards, making him/her more comfortable with being handled and around people.
- Teach dogs shelter manners by training them “sit”, “down”, “off”, and “stay” commands.
- Maintain a professional approach to handling the animals and dealing with the public.
- Escort potential adopters through the dog kennels pointing out specific animals that may be suitable for their lifestyle.
- If a potential adopter would like to spend time with a dog, Bark Buddies will bring the dog to a play yard and oversee the meeting between individual/s and the animal to make sure everyone seems to get along.
- Provide customer service to potential adopters and customers, answering questions as needed.
- Maintain a sanitary kennel environment by practicing good disease control protocol including sanitizing toys, water bowls, disinfecting the play yard, and spot cleaning kennels if needed.
- Positively represent the Pet Alliance’s beliefs and philosophies.
Check back soon for information on how to register.
Photo on this page by Shelly Sasse Photography.