The Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando is proud to support this national event by offering $25 adoptions all month long on regularly priced pets (normally $75), age six months or older, at our Orlando and Sanford shelters.
Can’t adopt or already have pets? There’s still a lot you can do to help dogs in need during Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog month.
10 ways to help shelter dogs:
- Help spread the word! Share adoptable pet photos from the Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando on Facebook and encourage friends to do the same.
- Ensure your pet is spayed or neutered. This is a vital step toward preventing additional unwanted puppies and kittens.
- Create your very own personal page to celebrate your pets adopt-a-versary, birthday, Halloween or any other creative idea you have! Then ask friends or family to support you. Each donation, whether $5 or $10, is significant toward providing care to pets in need.
- Share our shelter wish list with friends and family or start a donation drive. Items like dog and cat treats, toys, and towels go a long way toward making pets stay in our shelter more comfortable. Most items can be easily purchased on Amazon.
- Microchip your pet! By reuniting lost pets with their owners, we reduce the stress on local shelters in the area. Without a microchip, only 15% of dogs that enter a shelter are reunited with their owners.
- Attend the 25th Anniversary of Furball on Saturday, November 5 at Rosen Shingle Creek. Tickets are available online now.
- Tweet about it! This is a great start: “October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog month! Check out @PetAllianceGO’s pets now: http://bit.ly/adPAGO”
- Donate! We invest $356.50 in each dog and $225.50 in each cat up for adoption. Fees are typically $75, we depend on community support for the difference.
- Sign up to volunteer at the Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando. We have shelters in Orlando and Sanford with opportunities in a variety of areas including photography, fostering, helping with special events or just being advocates for us in the community.
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter! It’s fast, free and fun! Each month you’ll get event news, pet health tips and more!