Job Summary: Teach children and adults about responsible pet care and our agency.
Time Commitment: 6 hours a month; 6-month minimum commitment
Supervisor: Community Outreach Coordinator
Qualifications: Must be 18 years or older and pass an FDLE background check. Must complete an Open House Orientation, shadow the Community Outreach Coordinator during a presentation, and complete a presentation with the Educator observing.
Dress Code: Volunteer t-shirt, pants or shorts, sneakers and volunteer name tag
- Community Educators carry out educational experiences during shelter tours and programs at the shelter, as well as, off-site presentations.
- Must be able to work with children at the shelter, as well as in classrooms and other venues.
- Maintain a professional approach to handling animals and dealing with the children and adults.
- Must be comfortable presenting to large groups of people.
- Have the ability to work individually or with others.
- Positively represent the Pet Alliance’s beliefs and philosophies.