Job Summary: Socialize and show cats to potential adopters
Time Commitment: 6 hours a month; 6-month minimum commitment
Supervisor: Volunteer Manager/Coordinator
Qualifications: Must be 16 years or older and complete an Open House Orientation.
Training: Training 1 – Animal Handling, Training 2 – Interactive Training, and Training 3 for cats.
Dress Code: Volunteer t-shirt, pants or shorts, sneakers and volunteer name tag
- Kitty Cuddlers will work with the cats in the cat room to socialize them, making him/her more comfortable with being handled and around people.
- Maintain a professional approach to handling the animals and dealing with the public.
- Escort potential adopters through the cat room pointing out specific animals that may be suitable for their lifestyle.
- If a potential adopter would like to spend time with a cat, Kitty Cuddlers will bring the cat to a meet and greet area and oversee the meeting between individual/s and the animal to make sure everyone seems to get along.
- Provide customer service to potential adopters and customers, answering questions as needed.
- Maintain a sanitary kennel environment by practicing good disease control protocol including sanitizing hands, tables, toys, and grooming tools.
- Spot clean cages and free roam areas as needed throughout the volunteer shift.
- Positively represent the Pet Alliance’s beliefs and philosophies.
Check back soon for information on how to register.
Photo on this page by Shelly Sasse Photography.