Job Summary: Assist at our off-site adoption locations on weekends and at special events.
Time Commitment: 6 hours a month; 6-month minimum commitment
Supervisor: Off-site Coordinator and/or Volunteer Manager/Coordinator
Qualifications: Must be 16 years or older. Must complete an Open House Orientation.
Training: Training 1 – Animal Handling, Training 2 – Interactive Training, Training 3 for dogs, and an off-site adoption training.
- Maintain a professional approach to handling the animals and dealing with the public.
- Point out specific animals that may be suitable for a potential adopter’s lifestyle.
- If a potential adopter would like to spend time with a dog, an Off-site Volunteer will oversee a meeting between individual/s and the animal to make sure everyone seems to get along.
- Provide customer service to potential adopters and customers, answering questions as needed.
- Maintain a sanitary kennel environment by practicing good disease control protocol including sanitizing toys, water bowls, and spot cleaning kennels if needed.
- Positively represent the Pet Alliance’s beliefs and philosophies.
Check back soon for information on how to register.