Throughout the month of June we’ll be celebrating Adopt-A-Cat Month and for good reason, kitten season is upon us. Each spring our shelters find there are more cats in need than ever.
We understand if you aren’t able to adopt at this time, you can still help! Here are 10 ways to help cats during Adopt-A-Cat month:
- Donate your Facebook status! Sharing photos of adoptable pets is a wonderful way to help them find loving homes and who knows? Perhaps one of your friends or family members will adopt the pet you’ve had your eye on…you may even be able to pet sit when they are out of town.
- Put a Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando magnet on your car. Stop by our locations in Orlando or Sanford (donations appreciated).
- Running a 5K? Have an upcoming birthday? Planning a happy hour? Create a Furry Fundraiser campaign online now, it takes just minutes. Then share your campaign with friends and family.
- Make the Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando your charity of choice on Amazon Smile.
- Take a look at our shelter wishlist, you may already have many of the items in your home.
- Retweet Pet Alliance Tweets! (Follow us at @PetAllianceGO)
- Become a Volunteer!
- Sign up to read to our cats, they love a good story!
- Make sure your pets, and the pets of friends and family, have been spayed or neutered.
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of our facilities during ‘Dogs & Cats Matter.’ You’ll learn more about our vision for people and pets here in Central Florida.