Posted Friday, May 1, 2020
Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando will be offering limited services in light of Florida’s stay-at-home order entering phase 1 for local businesses on Monday, May 4, 2020. Please see below for what services will be available and when at our clinics and shelters:
Orlando & Sanford Clinics
Effective Saturday, May 2, 2020, Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando Clinics in Sanford and Orlando will be offering services by appointment only Monday – Saturday.
For the safety of our clients at the Pet Alliance Veterinary Clinics, we will continue to implement a modified clinic process for public protection. Here is what you can expect:
- No clinic walk-ins — clinics will operate by appointments only. Clients can visit our website for more on scheduling their next visit.
- Clients will not be allowed in the clinic — Clients with an appointment are asked to wait inside their vehicle with their pet after they sign in at the clinic door. They will be met outside by a receptionist, signed in to our new online que, and then asked to wait in their car until they receive a text message that an exam room is ready to receive their pet.
- Exam rooms will be cleaned thoroughly between each pet with a cleaning agent that is left on surfaces for at least 5 minutes.
- End of life services will also be offered, but clients will need to wear a mask in order to enter the building.
Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando will also continue to suspend all spay and neuter and elective surgeries. This includes all vouchers. All clients will wait in their cars and will receive a text to bring their pets to the clinic door. Learn more here.
If you need to fill a prescription for your pet and are an existing client, you can do so by calling our customer care team at (407) 351 –7722, or by using our online pharmacy here.
The Alafaya Clinic is now open three days a week for spay and neuter surgeries by appointment ONLY.
Saturday Vaccination Clinics are also available to clients by appointment ONLY between 9AM – 1:30PM.
We are not accepting any walk-ins at this time. Please call (407) 351-7722 for more information.
In addition to Virtual Adoptions with meet and greets conducted through Zoom with foster parents, effective Saturday, May 2, 2020 Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando shelters are offering adoption appointments at the Orlando and Sanford shelters. These in-person appointments will be conducted with a selected pet who is currently at the shelter and ready for adoption.
As the shelter is still closed to the public out of the safety of our staff who continue to care for the dogs and cats, only customers with an appointment to view a specific animal will be allowed entry.
How to make an appointment:
- Browse the pet profiles on our website to view all the animals currently in need of homes: https://bit.ly/AdoptPetAlliance. This list is updated in real-time, so check back frequently for your ideal pet.
- Select a pet you would like to have an in-person meet and greet with at our shelters. Note which shelter location that pet is located to schedule an appointment by reading their profile bio at the end of their page. If the pet is currently being fostered, then that pet is only eligible for a virtual meet and greet and you will need to follow the contact instructions.
- After confirming that the pet is located at a Pet Alliance shelter in their bio, please call (407) 351-7722 with the pet’s name and animal ID ready for a customer care team member. They will schedule your meet and greet appointment. Only customers with an appointment to view a specific animal will be allowed entry to the shelter.
All pets currently available for adoption are listed on our website. This page is updated in real-time, so as soon as a pet is available it will be listed. That’s why we suggest that clients come back frequently, if not daily, to see who has been newly added. Puppies and kittens tend to have a lot of interest and find their forever homes quickly, so if you see one you would like to adopt, it’s best to reach out immediately.
If you would like to become part of our fostering family, fill out the application here.
The only volunteer opportunity we have right now is through fostering. If you would like to become part of our fostering family, fill out the application here.
Great! Our Orlando and Sanford clinics are accepting appointments for wellness visits. Please call (407) 351 -7722 to schedule an appointment for your pet.
Additionally, we are requiring that all clients wear a face covering while in the clinic if you choose to be present during the end of life service.
Cremation services start at an additional $125 and vary by weight. You do not need an appointment and can come into the Orlando or Sanford Clinics Monday – Saturday and 9-10:30am | 1-3pm.
We prioritize you in the clinic receiving department which is why you do not need to make an appointment.
Currently, the Alafaya Clinic is only open to the public on the following dates for those who have scheduled an appointment for spay/neuter.
For the month of May 2020, Pet Alliance will be offering spay/neuter elective surgeries one day a week on the following days for City of Orlando Residents only:
- Thursday, May 7, 2020
- Thursday, May 14, 2020
- Thursday, May 21, 2020
Please call (407) 351-7722 to schedule an appointment.
As we continue to monitor the health and safety of community leaders and state officials, we hope to reopen public spay/neuter surgeries and vaccine clinics to full capacity and normal hours of operation in June 2020.