Bring Love Home!
Hope for a better life is at the core of Pet Alliance’s mission to rescue, rehab, and rehome homeless pets in Central Florida. In 2020, Pet Alliance adopted out more than 5,200 dogs and cats into loving homes in our community — saving lives and helping families grow.
Our work is never finished, as there is always more need, so we ask that you join us in saving the lives of the thousands of dogs and cats who will turn to Pet Alliance for compassion and care this year by adopting! Check out all of our available pets in real-time with the links below. Pets are listed based on location at our two shelter, in foster care, or one at our many offset locations.
See a pet you want to adopt? You can also place a $40 non-refundable hold on any of the available pets in Pet Alliance’s care by calling us at (407) 351-7722. The hold will be in affect until the end of business the following day.
Adopt a Pet
Pet listings are updated in real-time.
What to Bring to the Animal Shelter
- If you rent, we require that you obtain permission from your landlord and understand your pet policies prior to adopting
- A driver’s license or other valid photo identification
- Standard adoption prices are:
- $50 for cats and $100 for kittens.
- Dog adoption fees range from $75 to $350.
- The range of fees helps offset the price of housing some pets for extended periods of time. We do not euthanize for time or space.
What to Expect When You Arrive at Home
Bringing home a new pet is exciting! The experience of going home with a new family can also be a stressful and frightening for the animal.
Be calm and patient with your new pet. Realize that a new environment can take some getting used to and he or she may act differently once acclimated to their new home. Certain words, objects, or situations may bring about a reaction that you weren’t expecting. The new family member may or may not have been previously trained in the same manner that you wish to train them.
Read some tips on what to do before you bring a pet home, during the first couple of days, and beyond.
What’s Included in the Adoption Fee
Most of the pets that you visit in our shelter will be ready to go home.
This means they have been:
- Spay/Neuter Surgery
- Treated for internal and external parasites
- Permanently identified with a microchip
- Provided with core vaccines appropriate for dogs and cats including rabies, distemper, and upper respiratory viruses. Cats receive a Feline Leukemia test if they are 6 months and older. Dogs will have been tested for heartworm disease if they are 6 months and older.
- Adopters will be able to purchase prevention at the Sanford shelter or clinic, or Alafaya clinic within 30 days of adoption without requiring an appointment. Find your closest Pet Alliance Veterinary Clinic location here.
- Adopters may also visit the Sanford clinic and have their exam fee waived for the FIRST vet visit within 90 days of adoption.
Some pets may require additional medication, which can be purchased at the time of adoption. We also have a full-time animal behaviorist on staff who can assist with post-adoption behavior questions. Find out why we require each animal to be spayed or neutered before taken home.U
Yes, anyone that is 18 years or older is welcome to fill out an application on a pet of their choosing. Our adoption staff will ensure it is a good fit for both you and the pet before the pet can go home.
Every pet will be spayed/neutered, microchipped, up to date on all shots and given heartworm (dogs) /flea prevention before you take them to their furever home. You will also receive a waived exam fee for the first vet visit at a Pet Alliance clinic.
You can place a hold by calling 407-351-7722 Monday – Saturday. The hold fee is $40 and does not go toward the adoption fee. Hold fees are non-refundable and will hold the pet until close of business the following day.
We do not provide that service at our shelter
All adoptions are done on a first come, first serve basis. Additionally, we do not have the ability to complete DNA tests at our shelter. We do not maintain a waitlist for any age or breeds. Our website is the best resource as it is a real-time view of available pets.