Volunteers contributed over 70,000 hours of service last year; in addition to exercising, socializing and providing enrichment activities for our dogs and cats, our volunteers help support our animals by fostering underage puppies and kittens in their homes and assisting in special events, community education and offsite adoptions.
How to Become a Volunteer
- View the Volunteer Positions below
- Sign up for an Open House below
- Most volunteer opportunities require additional hands-on training or shadowing
- The training required for each position is detailed in the position descriptions below
- You must be at least 16 years old & able to work independently. If under 16, see our Youth Volunteer Opportunities to the right.
- Commit to 6 hours a month for at least 6 months.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
- Our Generations Program allows students 13-15 years old to volunteer for Cat Condo Care as a team with their parent or legal guardian.
- Both the student and the parent/guardian will sign up for Open House, attend training, and volunteer for every shift together
- Students under the age of 13 or those under 18 who are unable to commit to our requirements can complete a donation drive in exchange for community service.
Corporate and Group Volunteer Opportunities
Does your organization want to give back to shelter pets in the Central Florida community? Pet Alliance offers two different volunteer opportunities for groups: Team Building or Project Pet.
Team Building: 2 hour volunteer opportunity for groups of 15 or less. Your group will learn about Pet Alliance, take a tour of our facility, assist in an operational need and then have hands on time with our shelter pets. Team Building Groups are hosted Monday through Friday 10am-12pm. We do request a minimum donation of $250 to participate in our Team Building volunteer opportunity.