Volunteers contributed over 70,000 hours of service last year; in addition to exercising, socializing and providing enrichment activities for our dogs and cats, our volunteers help support our animals by fostering underage puppies and kittens in their homes and assisting in special events and offsite adoptions.
How to become a Volunteer
- Complete either the Orlando or Sanford Volunteer Application.
- Attend 2 hour orientation in a classroom setting
- Participate in a hands-on training with a lead volunteer..
- You must be at least 16 yrs old & able to work independently. If under 16, see our Youth Volunteer Opportunities.
- Commit to 6 hours a month for at least 6 months.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
- Our Generations Program allows students 13-15 years old to volunteer for Cat Condo Care as a team with their parent or legal guardian.
- Both the student and the parent/legal guardian should submit a Volunteer Application and attend training together.
- Students under the age of 13 or those under 18 who are unable to commit to our requirements can complete a donation drive in exchange for community service or create a ‘Do It Yourself’ fundraising campaign!
Corporate and Group Volunteer Opportunities
Does your organization want to give back to shelter pets in the Central Florida community? Pet Alliance offers two different volunteer opportunities for groups: Team Building or Project Pet.
Team Building: 2 hour volunteer opportunity for groups of 20 or less. Your group will learn about Pet Alliance, take a tour of our facility, assist in an operational need and then have hands on time with our shelter pets. We do request a minimum donation of $250 to participate in our Team Building volunteer opportunity.
Project Pet: Volunteer groups choose a project from our Project Wish List and donate the supplies and time to complete the project. Of course, there will be some dog and cat play time at the end as well! This opportunity is more flexible in length of time volunteered and amount of participants, as project needs may differ. Click here to see our Project Wish List.