Volunteers contributed over 89,000 hours of service last year; in addition to exercising, socializing and providing enrichment activities for our dogs and cats, our volunteers help support our animals by fostering underage puppies and kittens in their homes, assisting in special events, educate the community, deliver pet food, help in the clinic, and assist with offsite adoptions.
Open House will return in 2021!
Open House. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the Volunteer Positions below. Please note that if you are looking to foster ONLY, then you will click here to sign up for a foster open house. Anyone 13-15 that wants hands-on volunteer experience MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT AT EVERY VOLUNTEER SHIFT and are limited in positions. Under 13 can only do a donation drive
How to Become a Volunteer
- View the Volunteer Positions below
- Sign up for an Open House below
- Most volunteer opportunities require additional hands-on training or shadowing
- The training required for each position is detailed in the position descriptions below (please do not request access to the position descriptions, you can view them just by clicking on them).
- You must be at least 16 years old & able to work independently. If under 16, see our Youth Volunteer Opportunities to the right.
- Commit to 6 hours a month for at least 6 months.
- Pay $25 for the volunteer t-shirt, nametag, and insurance.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
- Students 13-15 years old can volunteer as a Cat Condo Care team, Paw Pals, or Hound Around Town team and MUST be with their parent or legal guardian at all times (only those 18 and up can hold the leash of a dog during Hound Around Town & are responsible for checking the dog in and out).
- Both the student and parent/guardian must sign up for an Open House, attend training, and volunteer for every shift together.
- Parents must also have a login, and pay the $25 fee for the t-shirt and insurance when volunteering with their 13 – 15 year old
- Students under the age of 13 or those under 18 who are unable to commit to our requirements can complete a donation drive in exchange for community service.
- *For Eagle Scout or Girl Scout projects, please select a project from this list. Once you have selected your project please contact [email protected] to coordinate with the volunteer manager.
Corporate and Group Volunteer Opportunities
Does your organization want to give back to shelter pets in the Central Florida community? Pet Alliance offers 2 hour volunteer opportunities for adults in a group of 15 or less.
With our Corporate and Group Volunteer Opportunity, your group will learn about Pet Alliance, take a tour of our facility, assist in an operational need and then have hands on time with our shelter pets. Volunteer Groups are hosted weekdays 10am-12pm. We do require a minimum donation of $250 to book a Group Volunteer Opportunity.
*Please note, our Orlando location cannot host Groups in June or July because of Summer Camp. We can only host Groups at our Sanford location during this time.
*For school groups 12 years old and under we can send a therapy dog visit to your school and do an educational presentation. If your school does not approve, children are also able to visit onsite and read to our cats in the cat room, or look into attending our summer camp. To request more information email [email protected]ando.org