Volunteers contributed over 89,000 hours of service last year; in addition to exercising, socializing and providing enrichment activities for our dogs and cats, our volunteers help support our animals by fostering underage puppies and kittens in their homes and assisting in special events, community education and offsite adoptions.
How to Become a Volunteer
- View the Volunteer Positions below
- Sign up for an Open House below
- Most volunteer opportunities require additional hands-on training or shadowing
- The training required for each position is detailed in the position descriptions below
- You must be at least 16 years old & able to work independently. If under 16, see our Youth Volunteer Opportunities to the right.
- Commit to 6 hours a month for at least 6 months.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
- Our Generations Program allows students 13-15 years old to volunteer for Cat Condo Care as a team with their parent or legal guardian.
- Both the student and the parent/guardian will sign up for Open House, attend training, and volunteer for every shift together
- Students under the age of 13 or those under 18 who are unable to commit to our requirements can complete a donation drive in exchange for community service.
Corporate and Group Volunteer Opportunities
Does your organization want to give back to shelter pets in the Central Florida community? Pet Alliance offers 2 hour volunteer opportunities for adults in a group of 15 or less.
With our Corporate and Group Volunteer Opportunity, your group will learn about Pet Alliance, take a tour of our facility, assist in an operational need and then have hands on time with our shelter pets. Volunteer Groups are hosted weekdays 10am-12pm. We do request a minimum donation of $250 to participate in our Group Volunteer Opportunity.
*Please note, our Orlando location cannot host Groups in June or July because of Summer Camp. We can only host Groups at our Sanford location during this time.
*For youth opportunities under 13 we suggest requesting a therapy dog visit to your school. If your school does not approve, children are also able to visit onsite and read to our cats in the cat room, or dogs in the dog kennels, or also look into attending our summer camp. To request more information email [email protected]