Volunteers contributed over 100,000 hours of service last year; in addition to exercising, socializing and providing enrichment activities for our dogs and cats, our volunteers help support our animals by fostering underage puppies and kittens in their homes, assisting in special events, educate the community, deliver pet food, help in the clinic, and assist with offsite adoptions.
Sign-up to volunteer at one of our shelter locations!
How to Become a Volunteer
- View the Volunteer Positions below.
- Sign up for a training at our Sanford shelter.
- Commit to 6 hours a month for at least 6 months.
- Pay $25 for the volunteer t-shirt, nametag, and insurance.
- Most volunteer opportunities require additional hands-on training or shadowing.
- The training required for each position is detailed in the position descriptions below (please do not request access to the position descriptions, you can view them just by clicking on them).
- For the Sanford Shelter: You must be at least 16 years old & able to work independently.
- If under 16, scroll down to see our Youth Volunteer Opportunities.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Students 13-15 years old can volunteer with the Cat Condo Care team and MUST be with their parent or legal guardian at all times.
Both the student and parent/guardian must attend training and volunteer for every shift together.
Parents must also have a login, and pay the $25 fee for the t-shirt and insurance when volunteering with their 13 – 15 year old.
Students under the age of 13 or those under 18 who are unable to commit to our requirements can complete a donation drive in exchange for community service.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Open to business and civic groups that would like to do an onsite volunteer project at Pet Alliance of Greater Orlando.
Groups are asked to provide all supplies for the volunteer project if it is a grounds beautification or enrichment activity.
Date of group volunteer activity is subject to approval by Pet Alliance staff.
If interested, please fill out this form and our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch.